Saturday, March 31, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22 and 23

Well, I tried to look at ebooks and audiobooks. I did not feel comfortable having to register for everything and then have to download software in some cases. These extra steps could be very frustrating for users. This as well as many other library products lack any standardization so users have to learn and adapt to every vendors site. This is so irritating and making their use more complicated than it has to be. Why can't there be some standard interface with these products? Why does each vendor feel the need to create their unique site with unique software needs? Please simplify if you want people to use your product!!

I basically have an aversion to trying to read an entire book online. For me that is not a viable option. I don't want to read a monitor.

Well, the final entry to the 23 things. It has been mostly an entertaining educational experience. I learned more than I thought I would and feel like I have advanced in my knowledge of the technical/internet world. I am sure there is much more to come. In fact, I'm sure there are a great many other existing sites that we did not even touch on in this excursion through 23 things. How do you find and evaluate all the sites? How does anyone find time to investigate all these sites? And just think of all the new sites and services that are in the process of being developed at this moment. It's more than I can handle at this point. Good luck to us all.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

WOW! Around the Web in 2 days... My head is spinning. How about yours?

Congratulations!