Thursday, March 29, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8

RSS Feeds. My first attempt at adding an RSS feed to my blog reader was a frightening experience. I went to the local NBC station web page and got an RSS feed for some type of local news. All of a sudden there were about 60 articles fed my way. As I'm sitting there wondering what am I going to do more articles arrive. Time to unsubscribe from that feed.

I then went to Bloglines and looked at their site for most popular feeds. I added a variety of feeds on environmental issues and a variety of other things. I tried to add book reviews from the New York Times and the Washington Post, but I received an error message. As I selected 10 feeds for my blog reader I encountered a number of feeds that would not work properly.

The more I read about these blogs I wonder who reads these crazy things. In general, most of the stuff is just entertainment on a computer. Some parts educational, but for the most part entertainment. You see how people can be creative using the tools available to them to create some sometimes humorous videos. Where do they find the time?

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Let us know in the end what you think of RSS. In the meantime, I'll try and locate those book review feeds for you.