Saturday, March 31, 2007

week 8, Thing 19

I revisited the LibraryThing website and added to my shelf. I guess I should know how to create a link to my shelf from this blog, but I don't or I forgot how to do that. I copied the URL so you can copy and past the address. Sorry about that.

See my bookshelf at http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=shigaki&shelf=shelf

I looked at one of the public libraries and how they are using this site. I can see it helpful to highlight newly acquired materials in their collection, if that is what they were trying to do. For libraries with very very small collections it would be useful too.

Of the books I have on my bookshelf, Tortilla Curtain and The Good German were held by quite a few readers. For the other books I listed there weren't so many other readers. I guess I'm not reading the really popular materials. People should read Ann Purser. For a light mystery read she is great.

No comments: